Soar Ahead BSN Option
A Collaborative Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing Through
UW-Rock County, UW Oshkosh & Blackhawk Technical College
- Enjoy convenience: Stay in the Rock County community in which you live to work and learn while attaining your BSN degree.
- Travel less: All courses and clinical components are offered in the local area in the traditional classroom or via online education.
- Experience hands-on learning: Get “real-world” environments and experiences to prepare yourself for your career.
- Find future employment: Local facilities are advocating and requesting BSN-prepared nurses.
- Receive tuition reimbursement: Many local healthcare facilities offer tuition reimbursement programs.
The Soar Ahead BSN Process:
- Apply to UW-Rock County, where you will complete your UW-Oshkosh nursing prerequisites and general education requirements. Total 60 credits.
- Apply to the Soar Ahead BSN Option the semester before you are finished with your general education and nursing prerequisites requirements. The deadlines are January 30 for the fall semester and August 30 for the spring semester. Admission is merit-based with no wait list.
- Spend four semesters of nursing clinical coursework at Blackhawk Technical College (BTC), where you’ll earn an Associate Degree in Nursing enabling you to take Registered Nurse Board Examinations (NCLEX-RN). Total of 38+ credits.
- Complete the UW Oshkosh BSN requirements offered online. Total of 30 credits.
The Soar Ahead BSN Option requires a total of 128 credits:
- 60 credits in general education, pre-nursing required courses, and electives at UW-Rock County.
- 38 credits at Blackhawk Technical College.
- 30 credits to complete the BSN through UW-Oshkosh.
After obtaining an Associate of Arts and Science degree from UW-Rock County and certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), you will apply to the UW Oshkosh College of Nursing. Applications will be accepted through the UW Oshkosh College of Nursing Undergraduate office until January 30 for the fall semester and August 30 for the spring semester.
- Complete Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with acceptable score.
- Attend formal interview with UW Oshkosh, UW-Rock County, and Blackhawk Technical College representatives. This review committee will select the eligible students according to UW Oshkosh’s admission policies. You will be notified of your admission status by April 1 for fall and November 1 for spring.
- Blackhawk Technical College will be given a list of accepted students. Upon acceptance, you enroll at Blackhawk Technical College.
- After successfully completing the first year of your Associate Degree in Nursing at Blackhawk Technical College, with at least a 3.0 GPA, you may start taking UW Oshkosh BSN course offerings.
For more information:
UW Rock County
Student Services Offices
(608) 758-6565 ext. 200
UW Oshkosh College of Nursing
Soar Ahead Advisor
Blackhawk Technical College